An OACS school features worthy characteristics which make it ...
Accountable because it practises:
- Christian Values are the standards for atmosphere, behaviour, curriculum and policies in each school.
- Curriculum Standards and Design meet or exceed the general pattern suggested by the Ministry of Education of Ontario.
- Certification - All teachers are expected to be certified and meet provincial professional standards.
- Achievement - In addition to each school’s own assessment and evaluation practices, students participate regularly in national tests and competitions.
- Strategic School Assessment - OACS teams review the operational standards of the school and society on a 6-year cycle. OACS high schools award the Ontario Secondary School Diploma and are inspected by the Ministry of Education.
Responsible because it is:
- Democratic - The board of directors is elected and practices sound governance policies using OACS models.
- Inclusive - The school is open to all Christian parents who wish to benefit from Christ-centered education for their child(ren).
- Communal - An OACS school is a small community of adults and children in which each individual is encouraged to develop their God-given talents.
- Caring - Teachers know the child and the family and are dedicated to preserving a family-oriented Christian lifestyle.
- Open - Parents are involved in all aspects of the school’s operation.
Believable because it demonstrates:
- Clear standards, frequent reporting and family feedback are normal.
- Structured learning program is policy.
- Computer literacy and competence are expected.
- Citizenship and community service are part of the school program.
- Clear moral commitments are modelled and articulated.
- Developing God-given talents is encouraged for each student.
- Committed to discipleship within the teaching ministry.
- Displaying love and care for students.
- Qualified professional training is a prerequisite.
- Regular professional development is required.
- Scriptural wisdom guides all of life’s challenges.
- Biblical philosophy is the foundation of all learning.
- Christian influence and responsibility in Canadian culture is a major theme in school programs.
A unique witness with ...
- a core curriculum focus
- a community of professional educators
- a safe environment
- follows provincial standards
- practices due diligence
- prioritizes student safety
- a distinctive Christian philosophy of education
- a commitment to quality education
Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools
790 Shaver Road, Ancaster, Ontario, L9G 3K9
P: 905-648-2100 F: 905-648-2110 E: email@example.com